Once parents have accepted their child’s secondary school place, Colliers Green can begin the transition. This normally entails the secondary school sending data collection sheets for the class teacher to complete and return. Data such as identifying SEND, medical issues, teacher assessment in English, Maths and Science and relevant family information.
Each child is considered individually for transition; some may need an extended plan to help them settle where other children will attend the dates set by the secondary. Decisions on transition will be done through liaison with parents.
Throughout term five and six, many secondary schools send a member of staff to Colliers Green to meet with the children. This gives the children an opportunity to ask questions as well as gather more information about their new school.
In recent years our Year 6 children have gone on to attend the following schools:
- High Weald School, Cranbrook
- Cranbrook Grammar School
- Hillview School for Girls
- Bethany School
- Invicta Grammar School, Maidstone
- Judd School (Grammar)
- Maidstone Grammar School for Girls
- Maidstone Grammar School for Boys
- Mascalls School
- Oakwood Park Grammar School, Maidstone
- Tonbridge Grammar School for Girls
- Homewood School
- Skinners School
- Uplands Community School
- Claremont Prepatory School
- Weald of Kent Grammar School for Girls